Rocker and Sage

The Quintessential Optimist and the Quintessential Cynic - Working Together to Build a Better America.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Holy Grail

I am writing this post upon the recommendation of my good friend Right-wing Rocker. If you read his blog, you may have already read it in the comments over there under "Sage on Education".
This is the last day of school,finally, as it has been a long year and I am looking for some R&R! This will be my final post until September. I will be travelling to Wyoming, and NH for the purpose of monitoring the pulse of "freedom" in America, which brings me to the point.

For the record, let it be known that I am only "nominally" a Libertarian, and that being only for the sake of some sort of political I.D. that most people can recognize. I am a staunch Constitutionalist with a deeply grounded faith in the power of that document as a core human response to the fundamental yearning for freedom. I believe in its ability, when applied, to provide the support necessary for a truly prosperous, and vital society of people. I also believe that it is in grave danger, as is the culture that birthed it, from those in power who live in fear of the limitations imposed on them by its dictates.

I write in hopes of providing a warning to the people of freedoms lost, and its impact on the future of the republican form of government.The quest for the "holy grail" of government has become my passion, as well as my pleasure, and has opened my eyes to a truth that is, to say the least, somewhat scary.

I am, however, a "Free Stater" having already made the committment to move to New Hampshire by purchasing property there. I had done so prior to the choice of that organization(Free State Project) of the state of NH as the most "free" state in the union for like reasons. I believe we(lovers of freedom) will have to make a stand somewhere where it counts. New Hampshire just may be the best bet for success. We shall see!

As far as the Libertarians are concerned, they are actually moving away from positions that I hold dear in an attempt to become "legitimate" contenders in the upcoming elections(read: middle of the road).

I, meanwhile, hold to Jefferson's thinking: "He who is governed least is governed best", and while that may sound too much like anarchy to some, it sounds like paradise to me!

Have a great summer!

Power to the people-The revolution will not be televised