Rocker and Sage

The Quintessential Optimist and the Quintessential Cynic - Working Together to Build a Better America.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The Separation of Rocker and Sage

Sage and I have been separated. I have been re-assigned to another school building, and Sage and I have not yet worked out the details of how we will communicate. This is quite unfortunate, since I have found very few people I can disagree with so strongly on specific items, while agreeing so strongly in general. He's also a wonderful person to share thoughts and ideas with, and he's probably the only person I know who is farther to the right than I am. Disagreements between Rocker and Sage NEVER result in any detrimental effect on our friendship.

Moving has been a pain in the a$$, I must say, and while I do like my new principal in general, I do believe he has a copy of that book that all school administrators seem to refer to, How to Piss Off the Music Teacher. He's already hit a few of the more dissonant chords found in that popular treatise. The new school is nice. I have an office that is separate from my instructional area, but still no phone there. Internet service - check. Phone - still waiting. I would think the priorities on that would be the other way around, but ya know, this is the American education system ...

Anyway, the last contact I had with the Sage was an interesting one. Of course, every interaction I have with him is interesting. He said he had some ideas for a post, but hadn't completed the thought to the point where he could post it.

In the meantime, my next post is actually a paste-over from my own blog, RightWingRocker, showing the constitutional implications of President Bush's proposals for dealing with the carnage in the wake of Hurricane Katrina (ya know ... Katrina is such a pretty name ... ). Hopefully, all will take the time to read, think, and comment.

RWR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home