Rocker and Sage

The Quintessential Optimist and the Quintessential Cynic - Working Together to Build a Better America.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Welcoming "The Old Sage"

Bloggers of the RWRepublic are victorious!

We have convinced "The Old Sage" to join the blogosphere!

This blog is set up so that only he and I can comment. However, I hope you will find his insight quite enlightening, regardless of whether you agree.

So who is "The Old Sage"?

Well, the name comes from a conservative mutual friend who recently returned from a tour of duty in the Middle East. I have referred to him on my blog as "Captain D", though he will be officially retiring from the military at the end of this month. I think I'll let him keep the nickname "Captain" though...

Anyway, "The Sage" and I have come to know each other through working together as teachers at a school here in NJ. He's got about 15 years of experience on me from a living standpoint, and he is a STAUNCH constitutionalist (just like I am). He is generally even less trusting of government than I am and even more conservative, as you will see now that he blogs. His influence from a writing standpoint shows clearly in my recent post, "This is Supposed to be a GOOD Thing?", over on my blog. This rant would have had a completely different flavor without his influence.

We tend to differ in a few areas, though very few. I tend to trust President Bush more than he does, though he will admit that where he disagrees, he hopes that he is wrong. He basically takes the Libertarian perspective most, if not all, of the time. So all you moonbats out there calling me a right-wing extremist are about to learn about why I'm not.

So, hopefully all will join me in welcoming The Old Sage to the blogosphere, and supporting everything he decides to do here!

RWR

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home